eARThshaking Art Teacher!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thanks Nancy!



Sometimes life takes an unexpected turn. Sometimes those turns are serious or difficult. Sometimes they are exhilarating and memorable. But, these unexpected turns are usually life altering. I had the distinct honor of crossing paths with Nancy Walkup several years ago in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It was an unexpected turn that means so much to me....in a great way! I attended the Folk Art Extravaganza Workshop she was leading as the editor of SchoolArts Magazine and partnering with Stevie Mack of Crizmac.  It's hard to explain it in concrete terms....but I know that professionally crossing paths with Nancy changed my career and my professional life entirely. I've helped her at New York, Ft. Worth, and San Diego NAEA. I've gone on her professional development workshops to New Mexico a couple of times! Rode back and forth with her to Ft. Worth a few times. Enjoyed some meals after long days at NAEA together. Called her a time or two when I needed advice. And.....thoroughly enjoyed having her come to KSU for Aprendiendo del Arte. Nancy is a gifted educator who does so much for others! She is a blessing to me! This is a short blog, but I just wanted to be sure to thank her for all she has done for me! We have so much in common that Facebook usually tags pictures of me, on my Facebook posts, as Nancy! (I'm not joking!) I guess it's the blonde hair and glasses! Anyway, she came walking across the lobby today at the convention and said hi! I don't know how she has time to do all she does! Looking forward to dinner with her tomorrow evening!