eARThshaking Art Teacher!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Presenting at NAEA on Fund For Teachers Fellowship to Istanbul last summer.



My goodness, the last 10 months have been busy! Last June I saw on a beach in Florida writing my first college syllabus for the first ever college course I would teach.  10 months later I sit here in New Orleans at the NAEA Convention thinking about how much I have been stretched, how much I have been able to dream, and how much I have been able to make an impact on future generations of teachers. In just barely two semesters I think we are well on our way to building a wonderful art education program at Kansas State University. I'm so proud of my students....of the journey we have gone on....over hills.....down valleys....around curves.....and here I sit with four of my seniors with me, running around the NAEA Convention so excited to be teachers! Hopefully they will have their own classroom in just a few short months. Tomorrow morning, here at NAEA, at 8am I'm presenting on my Fund For Teachers Fellowship to Istanbul last summer. Here's a link to their website.  It is a wonderful organization! I should know! They gave me $5000 last summer to go to Istanbul! If you are a teacher or if you know anyone who is a teacher......tell them about this wonderful organization! I'm looking forward to sharing about this organization with those who attend!

FUND FOR TEACHERS:  http://www.fundforteachers.org