eARThshaking Art Teacher!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

PROSPER ISD: Folsom Elementary Teacher of the Year and PISD Elementary Teacher of the Year



     I started teaching in 1992 and have enjoyed the journey so much. Teaching, to me, is helping my students use their capabilities to find their abilities.  Recently I received the Teacher of the Year Award for my campus, and then the Elementary Teacher of the Year for my school district. I share this because it meant to very much to me; not to be recognized by my peers and the selection committee, but because I have dedicated myself to my profession and students since the day I stepped foot in the classroom.  I see this award as verification that I'm on the right track and it gives me inspiration for the future. I'm at a point in my career where I'm not only teaching children and young people, but also teachers. My desire is to have my art teaching transcend the four walls of the art room and leave a legacy for the future.