eARThshaking Art Teacher!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

MY CAMPUS: Peacocks and Rainbows Art Room

Just thought I'd share are few pictures of my elementary art room. I think it has a "bit" more "stuff" in it than when these pictures were taken, but at least you can see the color and creativity that surrounds the students when they come in the room. I really believe artists are inspired by their surroundings and I also truly believe that an inspiring art room helps students become inspired. My art classes are extremely short, they are only 30 minutes, and so, believe me, my students need to get inspired fast! A well organized, creative, colorful art room helps provide that inspiration! I painted the two big canvas peacocks in about 30 minutes each. They are pretty big and my students marvel that I did the paintings in only 30 minutes each. Trust me, I often use those two acrylic paintings for inspiration to help my students get set up, their artwork done, and cleaned up in 30 minutes!